Sunday, June 1, 2014

Dedication to Andy - the 12th of our 21st Homeless Friends



For Our Beloved Andy

Member of our household from May, 2012 to May 31, 2014.






My heart aches to think I might have saved you
From some trouble that you were always in
I weep for your short life that flew
And the fight you lost without your human friend.

Thank you Andy for the many smiles you gave me
You were the bravest and most victorious warrior
Yet no cat has ever purred as loudly
Or left such loving paw prints on my car.

The kittens saw you as their savior
And you were Mama’s dearest friend
I can’t believe I will never scratch your ears
Or hear your meow or purr again.


3 comments:

  1. We buried Andy in the back yard by his beloved wood pile. Gordon has made a cross for his grave, and I am taking the cross to Michigan (where my wood burning kit is located) for engraving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss... He was a very good cat that always stuck by Mama until the end. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy was a truly loving cat. He had a big heart and was a stabilizing influence to some very scared kittens. He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete